YEAR 9 OPTIONS
These are currently under construction but will have increased content added over the coming weeks.
The key dates in the process are:
- w/c Monday 24th April - Year 9 Reports go home
- Tuesday 25th April - Options Evening
- Tuesday 2nd May – Parents Evening for Year 9
- w/c Monday 8th May – Options Form Deadline
Advice and guidance
Eyes on the Prize at Anglia Ruskin University
We will be using our PHSEE lessons over the coming weeks to watch a recorded version of this event and students will complete activities linked to their options as part of this.
KUDOS online careers and options support package
- You will have received an e-mail from CASCAID with Your Kudos log in details.
- Kudos will give you all the information you need to make important decisions about future careers and what subjects, courses and training you can do to reach your career destination.
- If you are unsure of what careers you might be interested in, Kudos can give ideas based on what you like and dislike. You can also discover what careers your subjects can lead to.
- Packed with information on what employers are looking for, what you can earn and what qualifications you’ll need, Kudos is your passport to exploring your future.
In Year 7 and 8 there were modules on careers and over the coming weeks students will have a series of lessons based in a computer room of the library working with their PHSEE teacher and our careers advisor investigating careers and the options process. They will use the KUDOS website and also other sources of information.
Form time curriculum
Each week on a Thursday students have learnt about a new career – this started way back in Year 7 and has continued through Year 8 and 9.
The careers are explored using the BBC Bitesize and i-Could websites, which use inspirational videos, case studies and labour market information to inform students and promote discussion.
Other online sources of advice and guidance